Ambassador Dr. Mart Laanemäe,
Designated Ambassador of Estonia at the Royal Danish Court
Born 1959 in Vancouver, BC, Canada
- 1989 Dr.rer.nat. in Chemistry, Stuttgart University, Germany
- 1983 M.A.Sc. in Materials Science, University of Toronto, Canada
- 1981 B.A.Sc. in Engineering Physics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- 2020 Ambassador to Denmark
- 2019 Adviser, Cyber Diplomacy Department, Foreign Ministry of Estonia
- 2016-2019 Ambassador to Germany
- 2012-2016 Undersecretary for Europe and Transatlantic Co-operation; January-May 2013 also acting Undersecretary for political affairs.
- 2008-2012 Ambassador to Germany
- 2004-2008 Undersecretary for External Economic Affairs (responsible for trade, n, development co-operation, negotiating OECD accession)
October 2006-July 2007 also acting Undersecretary for political affairs.
2004-2008 non-resident ambassador to Serbia and Montenegro, later to Serbia and National Co-ordinator, Stability Pact for SE Europe
- 2003-2004 Director-General of the Foreign Minister’s office
- 1999-2003 Ambassador to Austria, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, the IAEA, the United Nations Office at Vienna and the CTBTO. 1999-2001 also Ambassador to Hungary and the Czech Republic.
- 1996-1999 Entered Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Estonia. Undersecretary for political affairs, press and information
- 1995-1996 “Silmet”, Sillamäe, Estonia, director for sales and marketing
- 1991-1995 Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty Estonian Language Service in Munich and Prague as Editor, Head of Tallinn bureau, Deputy Director and Acting Director.
- 1989-1991 MTU München GmbH, Munich, Germany, engineer
- 1987-1989 Max Planck Institute for Metals Research, Stuttgart, Germany, scientist
Estonian, English, French, German
Married, adult children